Hello lovely readers,
I expect you are hoping for an update on my IVF cycle; it's coming tomorrow I promise.
Now onto to really important matters, I have been nominated for my first ever blog award. Yes, you are right, it is just too exciting for words.
The most lovely and wonderful Aislinn from Baby Making and the stupendously super Jenni at Unconceivably Blessed have nominated me for the Super Sweet Blogging Award. Yikes! Thank you so much ladies, I am not sure I can handle the responsibility but I'll give it a go.
As with most great things in life there are some rules. Right, here we go....
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
Oh ladies, thank you so much. It is so lovely to know that you thought my blog worthy of sharing it with others.
Answer 5 super sweet questions. I have done this below.
Include the Super Sweet Blogging award image in the blog post .
If you look very closely you will find the image towards the top of this blog. It's a bit like Where's Wally but hopefully a little easier.
Nominate 12 other bloggers
Okay I know I am going to struggle with this. I am really just finding my blogging feet but I hope I can manage a few.
1. Cookies or cake? Gosh, what a question! For those of you in the UK, this is very much like the Daddy or chips question. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, a clip that will explain all is below. It's great. Even though it's a tough one, I am going to go with cake.
2. Chocolate or vanilla? Has anyone ever gone for vanilla? This is definitely not a Daddy or chips dilemma: chocolate all the way.
3. Favourite sweet treat? Ummm...hmmm...ahhh...tough. I have just gone through an eclair phase, so I guess that would be it right now. I am hoping the eclair phase was Gonal-F related because I can tell you an eclair a day does no favours to your waistline.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? I am not sure I do crave them. I just really like them and don't have the will power to say no to myself. Having given up cigarrettes and caffeine I can say cravings can be mean. With sweet things I quite often think "hmmm, that would be nice" and that thought it quickly followed by "ohhh, go on then, I am sure you deserve it".
5. Sweet nickname? Okay, I couldn't think of any. So, I asked my husband and his response, and I am quoting, was "oh, I don't bloody know". Huh, charming. Hmmm....I am feeling pretty boring without a sweet nickname. Maybe I could make one up now? I am feeling a bit old for a new glucose-laden title but lets see......hmmm....still nothing. Okay, back to the husband.
Me: hypothetical question dear, if you were going to give me a nickname what would it be?
So there we have it. Chook. In case you don't know what that means the Urban Dictionary tells me it is an Australian slang word for chicken. In case you are wondering, there was no explanation - just chook.
Right, that's the questions done. Now for the nominations. I can tell you know I won't make 12 but I am going to go for as many as possible.
- Sadie at My Invincible Spring is just amazing. She writes so beautifully. She was the first person I came into contact with who had a similar loss to my own. I am so thankful that she found my blog and so grateful that her posts are full of optimism, hope and love for her son.
- The Infertile Chemist writes an excellent blog. Ever want to know how pregnancy tests work or what all the meds do? Check out her blog, her explanations of the science stuff are great!
- Lauren at On Fecund Thought is another truly lovely writer. I love her blog. She writes with such insight about the really tough stuff. She also helped me figure out how to fix my comments for which I will be forever grateful. We have so many random connections it is strange but lovely too.
- MrsDJRass at Baby Baby...Please is a new blog to me and I am really enjoying it. She has just gone through a frozen embryo transfer so I expect she is going through crazy hellish mind games right now. Go now quickly and congratulate her on getting this far.
- Cindy at My journey through infertility, pregnancy & loss has been a great support. She is starting a cycle to do a frozen embryo transfer and also suffered the loss of her daughter Olivia. Her posts are often a testament to the love she feels for the girl she lost.
- Lisa at The Pursuit of Pregnancy left the first ever comment on my blog and has been like a blogging mentor to me. She introduced me to ICLW and to some great blogs, but, best of all, her blog is beautiful. I love reading about her pregnancy and it is so inspirational to see someone make it to the other side infertility.
- Maria from Gutter to Stars has a very interesting blog. She is currently completing her PhD and loves science too.
- Ariel at Journey of a New IVF Mum is another information led blogger and she has come through IVF and has achieved the holy grail. Yes, she has a baby!
Okay, I know that is no where near twelve but it's late and I am tired (it's been a long exciting day). I hope the Award Police don't come and take my award away. Also, I am curious, who starts these awards?